Abigail Jiménez Franco
ID Researcher: N-4355-201
Abigail Jiménez Franco is a geologist specializing in mineralogy, petrology, and geochemistry at the micro- and nanoscale. She has a solid background in advanced optical and electron microscopy techniques, as well as mineral spectroscopy and isotopy techniques. She holds a PhD in Natural Resources and Environment from the Polytechnic University of Catalonia. She completed a postdoc at the Faculty of Earth Sciences and the Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology of the University of Barcelona. Working on the implementation of a new methodology at the micro and nano-scale, using a combination of TEM/FIB/PED techniques. She has participated in and led international development cooperation projects. He also worked on the European Horizon 2020 GeMex project for the geochemical prospecting of Hg. Currently, he participates in the ERC LArcHer project, studying multiple aspects involved in the production of Levantine rock art: materials, recipes, and their conservation. Also, she is a coeditor of the Geology series book by Springer.
- Joaquim Sanz; Oriol Tomasa; Abigail Jiménez Franco; Nor Sidki Rius. Elements and Mineral Resources. Springer, 2022.
- Abigail Jiménez Franco; José María González Jiménez; Josep Roqué; Joaquín A. Proenza; Fernando Gervilla; Fernando Nieto. Nanoscale constraints on the in situ transformation of Ru–Os–Ir sulfides to alloys at low temperature. Ore Geology Reviews, 2020.
- Abigail Jiménez Franco; Carles Canet; Pura Alfonso; Eduardo González Partida; Abdorrahman Rajabi; Edgar Escalante. The Velardeña Zn-(Pb-Cu) skarn-epithermal deposits, northern Mexico: New data of mineral assemblages, geochemistry and fluid inclusions. Boletín de la Sociedad Geológica Mexicana, 2020.
- Abigail Jiménez Franco; José Maria González Jiménez; Josep Roqué Rosell; Joaquín A. Proenza; Fernando Gervilla; Fernando Nieto. Desarrollos metodológicos para el estudio de nanominerales y nanopartículas de elementos de alto valor tecnológico en yacimientos minerales. Macla. 24, SOCIEDAD ESPAÑOLA DEMINERALOGIA, 2019.
- Abigail Jiménez Franco; Pura Alfonso; Carles Canet; Juan Elvys Trujillo. Mineral chemistry of In-bearing minerals in the Santa Fe mining district, Bolivia. Andean Geology. 45 – 3, 2018.